Saturday, August 3, 2013

Paleo Blueberry Bread



This is a recipe that Nancy (member at CrossFit Anaheim) sent to me after I saw her post a picture of it on her Facebook.  Thanks Nancy for your narrative.

On a hunt for baked goods, I had been craving sweets not to mention a brownie, or a piece of cake. So I began to wonder, “What can I make????” I spoke with a co-worker and we conversed about cooking and CrossFit and she tells me, “YOU NEED TO MAKE BLUEBERRY BREAD, ADD EXTRA BLUEBERRIES IF YOU ARE ABLE TO”. I went online and located a recipe on “OMG PALEO.”  

My momma (a traditional Mexican, who cooks the good stuff) looked at me with a strange glare. She was baffled that there was no flour added. She left me alone in the kitchen. I continued baking and behold I had the finish product at my disposal. I made enough for two pie tins and a loaf tin. Of course, I had to put these babies to the test. Of course my mom liked it, she is my mother.  

I brought some into work. I arrived at work at 700 hours and placed them in the office. Within 3 hours, these babies were gone. I got a lot of compliments. They were in complete “awe” when I said, “gluten free.” A supervisor I worked with before has to follow a strict gluten free diet because of a disorder he has Celiac Disease, he gave me the thumbs and basically had more than one serving. With that said, if I got the approval from fellow coworkers (majority are men) and female coworkers, I believe I succeeded with the blueberry bread? Like any other baked pastry… check to make sure its fully cooked.

Ingredients  
1 cup almond butter
1 cup almond meal/almond flour
3 eggs, whisked
½ cup Raw Honey
⅓ cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
⅓ cup Coconut Oil, melted
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
pinch of cinnamon
½ cup fresh blueberries

Instructions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. If you’re good at baking, you’ll know to mix the dry then the wet ingredients then mix together, but I do all the ingredients together and it works out just fine. Place ingredients into 8-10 silicone muffin cups in a muffin tin. Or you can use muffin tin paper liners. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Just keep an eye on it, they will puff up and look adorable. Eat them and be happy and merry.

No comments:

Post a Comment