Thursday, March 1, 2012

Crispy Garlic Kale Chips




Here's a popular snack in the paleo world...Kale chips! For some reason my husband is terrified of these things, all I have to say is....his loss. My 9 year even loves them. A quick piece of advice: you may not want to eat a bunch of these before an important meeting, for some reason they stick to your teeth and lips and you look pretty scary. I had some at the gym for everyone to try last week and between classes I stuffed some in my mouth. Apparently my camouflage teeth were quite entertaining. Thanks Becca..



Ingredients:
  • Kale
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil (you can also use avocado oil)
  • Sea Salt, Garlic, any other spice.
Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Wash kale and cut into medium size pieces taking the middle stem out.
3. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and toss lightly with olive oil.
4. Season to taste. Just a pinch of salt goes a long way, kale will shrink and it's easy to over salt. You can always add more after you bake it.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes.


Enjoy!

Kristy










No comments:

Post a Comment