Thursday, May 24, 2012

Veal Meatballs



I was hungry and needed a quick fix.  I saw ground veal in the grocery store and decided I was going to have veal for dinner.  The problem was that I didn’t know what I was going to do with the veal.  Then, it hit me when I got home and noticed the spaghetti squash resting on the kitchen counter top…..Meatballs!  Meatballs with spaghetti squash!

The particular recipe came from my own little brain.  I basically used whatever I could find in the kitchen and added it to the ground veal.  It wasn’t brain surgery by any stretch of the imagination.  I have to say, I impressed myself with the flavor.

Each meatball is approximately 63 calories (1 gram of Carbs, 3 grams of Fat and 8 grams of Protein).


Ingredients
1 lbs of ground veal
1 egg
¼ cup of yellow onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, diced
2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
Sea salt and pepper to taste

The hard part:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  On a greased pan, make about 12 meatballs.  Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until the middle is no longer pink.  

1 comment: