Monday, May 7, 2012

Cumin Chicken with Kale and Bell Pepper



I had this last night (April 29th) for the first time.  I was in an utter Paleo cooking frenzy.  Insane!  If you see me in the kitchen cooking, please move out of my way.  I am on a mission. I posted a picture of my Facebook and got a number of responses, thus I decided to post the recipe on ThePaleoPlunge.

But I digress….back to the Cumin Chicken.  As you probably know Cumin has a distinct pungent, yet wonderful, odor.  Now imagine the wonderful odor wafting through the air of your kitchen!  The smell of cumin is somewhat comforting to me.  Now add a protein-packed meat, like chicken, to the equation and you, my Paleo friends, have a winner.  What makes this dish even better is that its all done in one pan.  That right, the kale and red peppers are sautéed in the same dish as the chicken!  Easy to make and easy to clean up.  If you are newbie at trying Paleo cooking, this is a good recipe to attempt to cook.  You really need to try to mess this one up.

This recipe was brought to you by the www.paleoplan.com


What you will need:
1lb of boneless, skinless chicken
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of chili powers
1 teaspoon of sea salt
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 bunch of kale, remove stalk
1 red bell pepper, diced
0.5 cups of slivered almonds (optional)

What to do:
In a medium bowl, combine and coat chicken with cumin, chili power, sea salt and garlic.  Next, in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, add coconut oil.  When skillet is hot add chicken and brown on both sides.  This should take about 5-7 minuets.  Then, add kale and red pepper.  Stir until vegetables are tender.  Plate chicken and vegetables, and sprinkle with slivered almonds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment