Monday, July 2, 2012

Spicy Mexican Fruit Salad



Before I start talking Paleo, let me give a shout out to Becca and say Happy Birthday.  In honor of her Birthday, I was going to blog about clams but decided to leave that to her.  No need for me to take the wind out of her sails. Right?

Now, onto Paleo….

Okay, I really have no idea what this particular dish/snack is called but I do recall my mother making it for us as kids.  It’s refreshing, super easy to make and has a kick to it (spicy).  If you haven’t figured it out by now, spices really go a long way in Paleo foods.  It’s what makes or breaks a dish.

The best part about this paleo dish is that it requires no cooking.   Let me repeat myself….NO COOKING.  If you can use a knife, then you can make this dish.

Ingredients:
Jicama
Watermelon
Cucumber
Cantaloupe
Orange
Really any fruits
Lemon Juice
Pico de Gallo Seasoning

Directions.
Cut fruit into bite-sized cubes and mix together in equal proportions.  Serve yourself a portion of the mixed fruit, squeeze fresh lemon juice on top, then sprinkle Pico De Gallo Seasoning onto mixed fruit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment