Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Paleo Granola




I've been eager to open this ginormous tub of coconut chips sitting in my pantry for the perfect recipe. It was given to us by my good friend Vanna who bought them thinking they were actual chips..Lol... love her. So if any one needs any unsweetened coconut I have enough to feed a "large" village :) 

 I was given this recipe today and couldn't wait to make it. Thanks Barbara! We love you! 

I'm so excited to share this!! Not only will it make your house smell amazing, this stuff taste better than candy. 

Ingredients:

1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup pumpkin seeds (I used walnuts instead of pumpkin seeds and it still taste  great) 
½ cup pecans, chopped
½ cup (heaping) unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup coconut oil 
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup raisins ( feel free to use dried cranberries OR blueberries instead)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
* I sprinkled a few sunflower seeds into the mixture (optional)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Add all ingredients to a large bowl, except the dried fruit.
Mix well. If the honey is thick, heat up in the microwave for about 30 seconds and mix well.
Spread mixture on a baking pan with edges. 
Bake for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn.
When you pull it out of the oven, mix in dried fruit. Let it cool and devour! 
 Feel free to add almond milk or coconut milk. 

Enjoy!

<3 Kristy 



No comments:

Post a Comment