Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Paleo Pancakes




Apparently, a good number of people have been making this type of pancake for years!!!  Why didn’t I get the memo?   The ingredients are insanely inexpensive and the effort to make them is minimal.  Yes, even my Crossfit Sancha makes them. WTF?   Sancha!  

After I made paleo pancakes, Kristy made them and posted photos on her Facebook page.  After which, Aly requested this recipe be “memorialized” on The Paleo Plunge blog.  So here it is. 

I will say, I can believe how easy these pancakes are to make.  Have a ripe banana sitting around?  Have a couple eggs on hand?  Have a few minutes to cook? That’s about all you need.  Seriously!!!! Each batch makes about 5-6 pancakes.

Ingredients:
1 ripe banana (medium-sized)
2 eggs
Cinnamon (to taste; optional)

Directions:
In a small bowl, smash the banana into a bloody pulp.  Once pulped, beat in 2 eggs until the banana is thoroughly incorporated.  Yup, that is it.

Under medium-low heat, in a nonstick pan add a little coconut oil.   Using a large spoon, pour batter into pan.  Pancakes should be about 2-3 inches in diameter (easier to manage when flipping pancakes).   Flip after 2-3 min (batter should look “set” and not runny).  Cook for an additional 2-3 min.  Pancakes should be golden brown. 

Options:
Use real maple syrup or agave nectar (instead of a sugary-nasty syrup)
Add walnuts to batter
Go crazy and add a small pat of grass-fed butter to your pancake stack

1 comment:

  1. Lol.. Sorry I thought everyone knew about these pancakes. I add few tbl spoons of almond butter and raw cocoa.I feed my family with 3eggs and 3 big banana when making batter.. Food processor helps get the job done. Enjoy guys. Amazing recipes on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete