Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Breakfast for Days Casserole!

When eggs and bacon need a break from your pans... here is a nuance for breakfast that will last you for a while and for those of you with little ones...you're gonna thank me for saving you every morning.  I forget where I found this dish but I changed a few things to my taste so please feel free to do the same.
What you need:
1 head of cauliflower
bacon grease (I know you have some in reserve) or olive oil
about 12-16 ounces of sausage (most natural you can find)
4-5 cups of raw spinach
4 eggs (i throw a couple more eggs white in there cuz I love my protien)
3/4 cup of coconut milk and 1 lime
2 tsp salt
2 tsp galic salt
 ( feel free to spice it up with jalapeƱos and/or red pepper flakes)

Prepare the cauliflower by slicing it up into small pieces and making it gritty by blending it in a food processor.  Next sautee the cauliflower grits in the bacon grease or olive oil unitil slightly browned and let cool.
Grease a baking dish with coconut oil and preheat your oven to about 350.
Sautee crumbled or sliced sausage unitl brown and add the spinach until it wilts.
In a large bowl add the eggs, milk, lime juice, spinach mix, salts, and cauliflower and stir well. Pour it all into the baking dish and let bake for about 45 minutes or I usually just wait until the edges look crispy ( the way i like it).  Breakfast and you've already had your protien vegetables and fat!
~Liz





No comments:

Post a Comment