Monday, January 14, 2013

Wrapped piggies

So I usually stay away from making anything that remotely resembles bread but walking down the isles of whole foods and trader joes... Some little wieners were trying to holler... Yeah I went there. Anyway with no nitrites and all natural ingredients I decided to make paleo biscuits for my pigs in a blanket reenactment.
What you need:
3/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup coconut flour
1tsp baking powder
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/4 tsp salt and garlic salt
6 egg WHITES (yeah the yolk was a lesson learned for me)

A package of about 40 pigs for your blankets.

Mix almond, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, garlic salt and coconut oils. Mix it evenly so the oil saturates all the powders. It should be kind of clumpy not too dry and not too wet. Mix in the egg whites and stir well.
Take some "dough" and make it into a little rectangle going down your fingers... Wrap the weenies just around the middle and place on a baking pan... I used wax paper cuz I wanted minimal clean up... Bad move; the little suckers got stuck. Just grease the pan with coconut oil and fill with your little wrapped pigs.
Bake for about 15 minutes depending on your oven... Mine were smoking a bit... I will do 13 minutes next time.
~Liz








No comments:

Post a Comment